Google
 

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Big but small....

Now, I'm at the data collection stage of my study. It can be a "killer" stage because this is a time when we're not only depending on ourself but also other people. In my case, it's about collecting data at the field - I've to send questionnaire to respondents located in separate locations, whom at the same time are busy with their daily schedules. Although PhD itself is something big, as some people say, to me, it makes me feel smaller. The data is deadly important to me. Without them, I can't do the analysis. I can't conclude and complete my research. I'm small because no matter how hard I go for it, I'm not the one who'll decide that I can get the required data. The situation reminds me about how important to be helpful to the needy because we may be the needy ourself, one day. We're not always be at the top of the wheel because by nature, wheel rolls. Perhaps, accepting the fact that we're "small" is not a problem to many of us. However, consistently acknowledging it from the bottom of our hearts is not easy.

No comments: