Google
 

Thursday, May 10, 2007

DTD5?: Hands free umbrella..



DTD5?: Hands free umbrella (http://www.negarakumalaysia.blogspot.com)
I received these pictures through email yesterday and the sender stated that they're from Japan. For the sake of news and appreciation, I hope the original owner of these pictures permit me to use them.
Hands free umbrella! What an innovative and creative product for human simplicity. It was raining when I sent my daughter to school this morning. My hassle helping my daughter to cross the road with one hand holding her hand and the other holding her bags (and an umbrella!) makes me think about these pictures.
My point of discussion here is actually the curiousity of why when comes to innovation and creativity, most of the time, related to Japan. Umbrella is not an allien item to the whole world. Why Japanese be the first in coming out with this superb innovation? The umbrella itself is already a simple product and yet they can still apply creativity to it. To me, innovation and creativity comes from a simple minds with an intention to move forward, and solve problem for the betterment of life. If we think complicatedly, giving all sort of excuses even before we start talking, the creative and innovative ideas wouldn't come. Yes, even to a simple product such as an umbrella! My friend says "genuine warriors come from war torned countries!". They've gone through hardship and they work hard for the betterment of their life. They want to be leaders rather than simply followers. So, do we have to go for war then? NO! Those who are living in a hormonise and peaceful countries like us shouldn't waste our "gifts" and be complacent in any ways.

No comments: